• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

audio taping without consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whtiger

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
I would like to know what if anything would happen if you tried to audio tape a conversation with your cell ph without consent of another just to test it out to see if the audio would work, but the other person seem to notice and asked question about it,and you informed him that you were testing the audio on it, then took it and recorded his voice on the ph. and then took my memory card out and placed it on his computer without my consent. and come to find out -the audio didnt work anyways.?
I wasnt gonna use it for anyother means. I even placed in plain view-right in the middle so he could see it.?
what if anything can happen?

antrc170

Illinois is an all-party state, meaning that you must have the permission of all the parties involved to record a converstation. Your post is very confusing to say the least. What audio were you testing? The cell phone? The recorder? It doesn't matter if it worked or not, the attempt was there. Regardless of if the device was in plain sight you have the responsability to inform the person that the telephone converstation may be recorded.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">