• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Banned from dog park for cursing at someone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I have a little jack russel terrier that loves runnign and playing in the leash free dog park at north park where i live by. He is a bit aggresive but has never bitten or injured or casued another dog to bleed. Well, it always seems there are probelms when someone brings an untrained pitbul or rott weiler there and i guess my little jack russel was nippin at the big rott weiler or maybe trying to nip at his ankles, but i didnt even have time to see what he was doing, but this big guy said im sick of this and called the police. Well, i made some insulting remarks after beign so mad that he would call the police about a little 15lb jack russel messing with a BIG rott weiler. Well, to make a long story short, the cops came and i tired to tell the cops this is crazy that my dog shudl be kicked out as hes so small, and didnt make ONE injury on his rott weiler and in no way shape or form could mine bully his, just that he was probably afraid that his woudl hurt mine. Well, a second cop came and he was real mean and said theres kids around and you cant swear so you have to leave and NEVER COME BACK or i wil be arrested for defiant trespass! i didnt even get a disorderly conduct charge but im told i can never coem back for swearing and making slurs! I mean if my little dog injured his, or bit his, or made it bleed, then i coudl see getting kicked out for life but just cause i cursed , im told i cant come back ever is rediculous. im goign to contact the ACLU but just wanted to see any opinions here.

cyjeff

Before you contact the ACLU, what kinds of slurs did you make?

did you talk about the other owner's race? His national origin?

If so, the ACLU won't do anything... except, perhaps, help the other party sue YOU.

Antigone*

Before you contact the ACLU, what kinds of slurs did you make?

did you talk about the other owner's race? His national origin?

If so, the ACLU won't do anything... except, perhaps, help the other party sue YOU.
Jeff, checking posting history on this one will explain quite a bit. ;).

cyjeff

Given your posting history...

No, this isn't the magic lawsuit that will win you millions either.

Keep trying.

Come back soon, ya hear?

swalsh411

I'm glad they got banned.

I don't want this kind of dog and especially this kind of dog owner at my dog park.

A small dog can absolutely injure a larger dog and the owner's attitude that it's no big deal that her dog was "nippin" other dogs is ignorant.

You admitted to the cop that your dog was biting other dogs but you didn't think it was a big deal. You probably had an attitude a mile wide.

Good riddance.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Same terrier that bit you a few years back? https://forum.freeadvice.com/other-personal-injury-wrongful-death-75/dog-bite-423843.html

I find it interesting that everyone ELSE's dogs are untrained, yet yours is the one being aggressive, nipping, etc. Uh huh - your witty bitty Jack is an angel that everyone loves to hate. Sure. :rolleyes:

If you intend to take your dog out in public - especially off leash - you should train him. Then you may have fewer problems. And clean up your mouth while you're at it.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My advice to OP:
He needs to take this to court. He needs to make this argument in court. Even if he is NOT an attorney he needs to go to court and argue this. I'll bring popcorn. I'm rooting for him.
Thus continuing the tradition I started a few threads back.

racer72

I read this post to my rottweiler.

Arf arf arf, arf arf, ARF ARF ARF. Arf arf arf, grrrr.

I can't repeat what he said, it is not very nice.

Antigone*

Crystal ball has predicted that when cuppie comes back he will cry to the forum gods to remove these posts ;)

Thanx SJ for letting me have Crystal over the weekend :)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I read this post to my rottweiler.

Arf arf arf, arf arf, ARF ARF ARF. Arf arf arf, grrrr.

I can't repeat what he said, it is not very nice.
Strange - my dog had exactly the opposite reaction:

"ARF ARF ARF, ARF ARF, arf arf arf, yip"

- I guess it's a matter of interpretation!

Hot Topic

The problem is people who can't be bothered to train their dogs because they're little. I've seen plenty of little dogs on television who were not only dangerous around other dogs (attacked without provocation), they were dangerous around their owners (husbands were not "allowed" to sleep with or show affection to their wives).

A dog is not "a bit" aggressive, and the OP admits his dog was "nipping" at the Rott. The OP is lucky the Rott didn't retaliate.

A fine example of someone who should not own a dog.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well, it always seems there are probelms when someone brings an untrained pitbul
LOL I suspect that the pit (if it's even ALLOWED at the dog park, which I strongly suspect it is not) is extremely well trained, or wee little Jack would have already been lunch.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">