• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business Refusal of Service case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnrain41

I am a guy that plays trivia in the Hudson Valley, NY area at bars and restaurants. I have been playing at the same places the past couple years. Needless to say, I am somewhat adept at it and win a lot. Now the trivia company's owner which is hired by the restaurant/bars to perform a service, told me that I win too much and to not attend the events. Naturally, I refused to listen to him because I felt he was totally wrong to ask me not to come.

A feud developed and I continued to go to trivia nights at the various locales. The owners and managers of the establishments have did not have any issues with me playing. So my question is, is it lawful for the trivia company's owner and employees to refuse to allow me to particpate at these trivia events? They are a separate company hired by the eateries to run the trivia game itself.

Is their decision arbitrary and discrminatory and can I take legal action if they refuse to let me participate?

Note, I do not break any rules or equipment, am not unruly, and do not cheat.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">