• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I do anything??? :(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dhman06

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ---- Massachusetts

I had a verbal disagreement with few ppl from my religious organization about 2 years ago. Unfortunately those ppl are the ones that rules the organization and everyone in the organization listens to them. So after the fight they've been keeping me and my family away from all the organizational programs and they have been telling other ppl (spreading in the community) that I've been kicked out of the organization. During the span of that last 2 yrs I've been paying my monthly organizational dues. So these ppl have been accepting my money but kept me away from all the events. Few friends of mine tried to come to a solution by trying to arrange few talks but the individuals that I had fight with are dismissing any chance of any talk. This has been taking a toll on me mentally. What can I do against those ppl or the organization; in terms of legal matter?

Note: The organizational constitution doesn't say anything about exempting someone from the organization and it is a non-profit, religious organization.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

I had a verbal disagreement with few ppl from my religious organization about 2 years ago. Unfortunately those ppl are the ones that rules the organization and everyone in the organization listens to them. So after the fight they've been keeping me and my family away from all the organizational programs and they have been telling other ppl (spreading in the community) that I've been kicked out of the organization. During the span of that last 2 yrs I've been paying my monthly organizational dues. So these ppl have been accepting my money but kept me away from all the events. Few friends of mine tried to come to a solution by trying to arrange few talks but the individuals that I had fight with are dismissing any chance of any talk. This has been taking a toll on me mentally. What can I do against those ppl or the organization; in terms of legal matter?

Note: The organizational constitution doesn't say anything about exempting someone from the organization and it is a non-profit, religious organization.
Find a new religious organization.

ouidaja

Contractual?

Unfortunately, the other posters are mere neophytes in the game of legal knowledge. I'm assuming that this theological organization had you sign some documents when you joined that cult? Do you receive receipts for dues? Do you pay in cash or do you have a trail like banking statements? All this comes into play because you can possibly claim a breach in contract assuming you do some research in your state regarding that issue and perhaps how it comes into play with religious organizations. You could suggest that you were constructively removed from the organization and perhaps just maybe, just maybe this cult has some bylaws or something which would explain how it operates, procedures or policies it has enacted regarding membership, dues, removal, etc.

Have fun.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">