• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I have Arrests eliminated of my Background?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fundevil2005

I was wondering if someone can Help me with this Question please!!
Can someone use the Civil Rights Law and have things eliminated of his Background so he obtain Employment ?? There are two Charges on my Friend and he like to know if e can use the Civil Rights to have that removed or whatever they call that where future Employers are not able to see what happened ten years ago. A Friedn of his in Michigan used his name as an Alias and got arrested for a Weapons Charge and for Intent to make and sell Drugs. He has the Proof of Otis the Offender website that it was not him and it Shows the other Guys Picture and all that Aliases he has used. But unfortunately a lot of Employers dont care!! Can you Help me so I can Help him in return?? I would greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!:confused:

Banned_Princess

Can someone use the Civil Rights Law and have things eliminated of his Background so he obtain Employment ?? There are two Charges on my Friend and he like to know if e can use the Civil Rights to have that removed or whatever they call that where future Employers are not able to see what happened ten years ago. A Friedn of his in Michigan used his name as an Alias and got arrested for a Weapons Charge and for Intent to make and sell Drugs. He has the Proof of Otis the Offender website that it was not him and it Shows the other Guys Picture and all that Aliases he has used. But unfortunately a lot of Employers dont care!! Can you Help me so I can Help him in return?? I would greatly appreciated!!
im calling this a duplicate, because he has another thread open about warrants.

ElderDad

I'm not sure. In Oregon I think only minors can have their records expunged and then only after they turn 18. Am I correct in this?

AlexB18

There's no such thing as THE "Civil Rights Law." Look up sealing/expunging of criminal records for your state. Your question is somewhat confusing. Legitimate background searches don't go by name/alias alone... they go by social, DOB, and sometimes fingerprints.

Last edited:

slwslw

Private internet background checks

I'm guessing the employer used an internet background check service. If so, you can dispute the conviction through that background check co. and they will remove it.

Don't go into details about false personation just tell them you were never found guilty or even arrested.

They'll then pretend they're going to investigate it, but in reality they will just delete the conviction because they don't have the resources to investigate it.

Most of those background check companies are run by old ladies out of their apt., using info. funneled from other companies.

quincy

slwslw, please stop reviving old threads to post semi-nonsense. It serves no purpose.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">