• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i post these signs in my front yard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA.
I live in a plan in the suburbs of pittsburgh.
I know theres rules in my plan like not havng big fences or big tv satelittes and making sureu cut the grass ans stuff
but i want to know if its legal for me to post these specific signs in my yard.
here are the signs i want to post
"More jobs, national healthcare, and better education will lower crime and violence, not jail!"
also another sign
"Stop Wharehousing America's poor!"
also another sign
"Jail is a waste of YOUR tax payers dollars!"
also another sign
"When has jail changed human behavior, it hasnt!"
"another sign
Jail is mental torture"
lastly
"Cops, DA's and judges are torturers"

so plain and simple, can i post these signs in my own front yard?

Proserpina

I know theres rules in my plan like not havng big fences or big tv satelittes and making sureu cut the grass ans stuff
"More jobs, national healthcare, and better education will lower crime and violence, not jail!"
also another sign
also another sign
also another sign
"another sign
Jail is mental torture"
lastly

I guess we know the real identity of javajoe, at least...

proserpina, what a weird screen name, stay on point!

other than proserpina haressing me
does anyone know the answer to my question pls???

Mass_Shyster

also another sign
also another sign
also another sign
"another sign
Jail is mental torture"
lastly

Your (mis-spelled) signs are probably protected speech, so my guess is it's legal. That doesn't mean the powers-that-be won't try to stop you.

An ordinance prohibiting those signs may be unconstitutional, but until a court decides, the municipality will probably continue to enforce them.

I'mTheFather

Your (mis-spelled) signs are probably protected speech, so my guess is it's legal. That doesn't mean the powers-that-be won't try to stop you.

An ordinance prohibiting those signs may be unconstitutional, but until a court decides, the municipality will probably continue to enforce them.
To avoid that whole headache, why not print those messages on a sandwich board and walk around your property all day! That is sure to get even more attention to your messages!

Banned_Princess

stevef said "the municipality will probably continue to enforce them."
ENFORCE WHAT???
The ban on the signs. your literacy and reading comprehension say, maybe you have spent alot of time in jail not reading.

Don't forget the bull horn to go with the sandwich board messages to no one.

:rolleyes:

justalayman

other than proserpina haressing me
does anyone know the answer to my question pls???
I love it. A guy with the screen name "kingcuppie" making a comment on proserpina's screen name.

KC, if you would bother to educate yourself (since the "system" has apparently failed so miserably in the 13 years they tried) you would realize that Proserpina does actually have meaning.

She was Roman goddess. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proserpina

now, what meaning does kingcuppie have (that can be shared on this forum)?

Hey KC, did you ever get that Jack Russel Terrier to stop humping everything in sight?

Proserpina

I love it. A guy with the screen name "kingcuppie" making a comment on proserpina's screen name.

KC, if you would bother to educate yourself (since the "system" has apparently failed so miserably in the 13 years they tried) you would realize that Proserpina does actually have meaning.

She was Roman goddess. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proserpina

now, what meaning does kingcuppie have (that can be shared on this forum)?

Hey KC, did you ever get that Jack Russel Terrier to stop humping everything in sight?

Thank you for that, JAL! :)

Stephen1

If there are covenants for your "plan" then you must abide by them. Issues regarding signs in yards is often addressed in the covenants. They are normally enforced by the Home Owners' Association (HOA) for your development but, lacking a HOA there may be a way for individual owners in the development to bring a court action against you.

Are there covenants for your development? You should have received a copy when you bought. You can also check with the county offices to learn whether any covenants are on file.

stephen1 cmon with the generalities

stephen1 said " lacking a HOA there may be a way for individual owners in the development to bring a court action against you"

what kind of comment is that?? they MAY.
be a little more specific
are you a communist or something that doesnt like free speech ?
id love to know what court "action" neighbors could bring for
just seeing my signs in my yard.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
If there are covenants for your "plan" then you must abide by them. Issues regarding signs in yards is often addressed in the covenants. They are normally enforced by the Home Owners' Association (HOA) for your development but, lacking a HOA there may be a way for individual owners in the development to bring a court action against you.

Are there covenants for your development? You should have received a copy when you bought. You can also check with the county offices to learn whether any covenants are on file.
It's his mother's property. Posting Hx is a must with this OP. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">