• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can You Find Out Whether Your Greek Organization Is Exempt From Title IX Specifically

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hvandeu1

I am a member of a greek organization that is not allowed to register on campus due to the fact that we don't have an updated Letter of Exemption from Title IX, we have a letter, but it is from 1980 and I was told that the letters do not have an "expiration date". Can you please explain to me whether or not these letter that are approved from the Board of Education do or don't have an expiration date? I was also wondering if there was a way to go about finding out whether or not our organization is specifically exempt or not if we were to have an "updated" letter of exemption?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am a member of a greek organization that is not allowed to register on campus due to the fact that we don't have an updated Letter of Exemption from Title IX, we have a letter, but it is from 1980 and I was told that the letters do not have an "expiration date". Can you please explain to me whether or not these letter that are approved from the Board of Education do or don't have an expiration date? I was also wondering if there was a way to go about finding out whether or not our organization is specifically exempt or not if we were to have an "updated" letter of exemption?
Get a new letter. Problem solved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">