• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cell Phone Ownership / Logging

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KWO

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
If I paid for a cell phone for my girlfriend (100 dollars was paid with my card 200 with cash) is that enough to prove I own the phone? Could I legally put a logger on it?

Banned_Princess

If I paid for a cell phone for my girlfriend (100 dollars was paid with my card 200 with cash) is that enough to prove I own the phone? Could I legally put a logger on it?
C'mon dude, whos name is on the bill.

Antigone*

Sounds like you need a new girlfriend:cool:

KWO

Only thing I do know is only proof would be recorded oral conversation in a private setting which is illegal in texas.

sandyclaus

And seriously, dude... Why do you feel you need to put a logger on it? Stalker much?

It's your EX-girlfriend. Let it go.

Banned_Princess

If you pay for the account, why can't you just view the call/text history? :rolleyes:
Boooooooooooooooo.

if the bill doesn't come to him, its in someone else's name, HOW would this stalker view the call and text "history"

he isn't even with the girl anymore, and he only made one payment (probably to purchase the phone).

Stalker should just let it go.

davew128

Boooooooooooooooo.

if the bill doesn't come to him, its in someone else's name, HOW would this stalker view the call and text "history"

he isn't even with the girl anymore, and he only made one payment (probably to purchase the phone).

Stalker should just let it go.
OP didn't say he didn't pay for the account. If he pays for the account, he has EVERY right to view call/text history.

Banned_Princess

lets work on your reading comprehension.

If I paid for a cell phone for my girlfriend (100 dollars was paid with my card 200 with cash)

is that enough to prove I own the phone?
No, you dont own the phone, it is Girlfriends phone, that you paid for.

Its not even in his name!!!

the lady isnt even his girlfriend anymore!!!

You are wrong, just admit it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">