• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cell Phone Ringtone (arrest for obscenity?)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

convoy71

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Honestly I would not do this just because I cant/dont/wont trust the consequences. But could I be arrested if I set my cell phone ringtone with an audio from a movie containing fall language. One of my favorite movies and lines is from "Full Metal Jacket" The most noteable and popular part is Drill Sgt Hartman's long sequence of obsenities yelling at marines at the beginning of movie.

I wanted to set my ringtone with the line "BS I still can't hear, sound off like you got a pair". Could I be arrested if the audio sounds off from my cell phone's ringtone in public?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Honestly I would not do this just because I cant/dont/wont trust the consequences. But could I be arrested if I set my cell phone ringtone with an audio from a movie containing fall language. One of my favorite movies and lines is from "Full Metal Jacket" The most noteable and popular part is Drill Sgt Hartman's long sequence of obsenities yelling at marines at the beginning of movie.

I wanted to set my ringtone with the line "BS I still can't hear, sound off like you got a pair". Could I be arrested if the audio sounds off from my cell phone's ringtone in public?
How old are you? What do you do for a living? Arrested is not the issue you will have. Fired. Disciplined. Expelled. Grounded. Those are all legal things that COULD happen to you. Not to mention not making a good impression on those who may hear it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

We don't DO hypotheticals.

Hot Topic

It's unlikely most people would recognize the movie the "message" came from. With all that you have to choose from, picking it to represent you shows that you're somebody normal people should want to avoid.

Gail in Georgia

"But could I be arrested if I set my cell phone ringtone with an audio from a movie containing FALL language"

No problem with a ring tone sounding like autumn.

Gail

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

I've heard Gunny do his entire speech LIVE on local radio without the cursing. Don't know if you can find a webcast of it or not. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">