• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Children with disabilities...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Luren2006

Is there a law in the state of PA that protects children with Disabilities {Aspergers} from being excluded from certain events, schools, libraries...etc???
I'm asking this because I feel since my 6 y/o son has started school last fall he has been treated unfairly by school officials and alot of other places because he has Aspergers. He is on medication, goes to counseling and also has a mobile therapist and TSS for help in school and through the summer. I am doing all I can as a mom to get my son the help he needs, but it seems the schools arent offering him what he needs and are being mean to his situation and even places like the library dont want to bother with him in special events like reading programs etc...

Hot Topic

You're being too general with your complaints. Can you cite specific incidents? A "feeling" is not proof.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Have you formally requested a psychoeducational evaluation of your child?

If you don't know what I'm referring to, Google it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">