• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civie right

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katspencerotmai

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? how can i can i fine out what a inmate civie rights are when they are state properie but the are doing there time in countryWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? how can i can i fine out what a inmate civie rights are when they are state properie but the are doing there time in countryWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You're going to have to be more clear here about what your issues are.

Why are you asking the question? What CIVIL rights are you thinking were violated?

Hot Topic

What is the name of your state? What's so difficult about telling us what state you live in?

You write so poorly, I doubt you know what "civil rights" mean.

I suspect you're writing about your boyfriend, who probably is getting what he deserves. In another year, you won't remember what he looks like.

Hot Topic

What is the name of your state? What's so difficult about telling us what state you live in?

You write so poorly, I doubt you know what "civil rights" mean.

I suspect you're writing about your boyfriend, who probably is getting what he deserves. In another year, you won't remember what he looks like.

HomeGuru

**A: inmates have a right to wear civies or not. It does not matter if it's boxers or briefs.

ouidaja

disenfranchisement

I'm just going for it: Ok, I'll assume your dude is serving county time for a criminal conviction? What you mean by state property I could only assume to mean that your dude is maybe from the penitentiary of your state and for some reason or another had to return to the county to serve some time. If that's the case then his rights would be those typically afforded a person confined to a penitentiary. The rights typically associated in prison are found under the 1st, 8th, and 14th Amendments to the US Constitution. First Amendment issues would be like religion and certain speech; 8th Amendment would protect against excessive force or cruel and unusual punishment; with the 14th providing procedural due process rights (like a right to a hearing before they put your dude in the hole for a couple months). If he's in the county then he would have a right to access to the courts whether it be by providing him access to a law library or a law clerk; access to various religious rights; right to adequate medical care and treatment; right to be free of cruel and unusual punishment (excessive force, solitary confinement, etc); due process (right to a hearing, etc). Those rights-if violated-can be enforced/remedied by filing a lawsuit in federal court under 42 USC 1983. I would (and I rarely say this) suggest you contact an attorney or someone with experience in the field of law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">