• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daycare Discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eymana

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Montana

Hello, i will make this as short as possible with all the facts.

Our daughter has a dairy and soy allergie. The dairy is the worst, to the point we have to watch certain foods with ingrediants. Its so bad she can't even have lunchmeats and even fruitsnacks and about every food out there, we have to have kosher food. If she has dairy by accident she gets sick she doesn't swell up but to much could send he into anaphelptic shock.

We have been waiting almost 8 months to get into a daycare that is perfect. My wife stayed at home with her after we moved to Montana and she waited until our daughter was able to go to this daycare before she was going to get a job.

We've toured the place twice and asked questions about the food program what we could bring and could't for her and as far as every thing my daughter can have it was ok.

We visited today got the paperwork and were gonna set everything up and she was going to start July 14th.

We get a phone call from the director saying that they are a Nut Free facility.

Our daughters main item in her diet, the only thing she can tolerate is Almond Milk. She can't have soy milk, coconut milk, and rice milk. Almond Milk is the only thing she can tolerate that doesn't make her sick and that took us months to figure out. Before the almond milk we had her on a formula for babies until she was almost 14 months old. Problem with that we were forking out $40 every 2 days for the formula.

The daycare also doesn't do any kinds of juice either. They said she could still come but she couldn't have her almond milk with is the main source of her nutrition and diet.

So my question is is there anything i can do legally or not. I'm not a sue happy type of person but it just seems like that isn't right and it just seems kinda strange to me.

Anything info helps

thanks

adam

RRevak

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Montana

Hello, i will make this as short as possible with all the facts.

Our daughter has a dairy and soy allergie. The dairy is the worst, to the point we have to watch certain foods with ingrediants. Its so bad she can't even have lunchmeats and even fruitsnacks and about every food out there, we have to have kosher food. If she has dairy by accident she gets sick she doesn't swell up but to much could send he into anaphelptic shock.

We have been waiting almost 8 months to get into a daycare that is perfect. My wife stayed at home with her after we moved to Montana and she waited until our daughter was able to go to this daycare before she was going to get a job.

We've toured the place twice and asked questions about the food program what we could bring and could't for her and as far as every thing my daughter can have it was ok.

We visited today got the paperwork and were gonna set everything up and she was going to start July 14th.

We get a phone call from the director saying that they are a Nut Free facility.

Our daughters main item in her diet, the only thing she can tolerate is Almond Milk. She can't have soy milk, coconut milk, and rice milk. Almond Milk is the only thing she can tolerate that doesn't make her sick and that took us months to figure out. Before the almond milk we had her on a formula for babies until she was almost 14 months old. Problem with that we were forking out $40 every 2 days for the formula.

The daycare also doesn't do any kinds of juice either. They said she could still come but she couldn't have her almond milk with is the main source of her nutrition and diet.

So my question is is there anything i can do legally or not. I'm not a sue happy type of person but it just seems like that isn't right and it just seems kinda strange to me.

Anything info helps

thanks

adam
The nut thing is becoming a huge issue w daycare facilities and schools (I can't pack a peanut butter n jelly sandwich for my lil'bit because there are children in her grade who are nut-intolerant). Being a nut-free facility probably means there is a child/children there who are severely allergic to nuts. Just as you are watching out for your childs allergies, they have to watch out for other children who have similar allergies. Your options are to find a dietary way around it or simply find another daycare.

Silverplum

You should educate yourself on food allergies altogether, not just the ones that concern your child.

Nut-free facilities for children are becoming more common.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You should educate yourself on food allergies altogether, not just the ones that concern your child.

Nut-free facilities for children are becoming more common.
Especially as many nut-allergic kids can't tolerate even touching something that has a trace of nuts in it. I don't know for sure, but I don't believe it's the same with dairy allergies. Those seem to involve direct ingestion. I'd be happy to be educated if I'm wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">