• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied Services for being a hunter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ahiuhawaii

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii

Aloha! i just tried to adopt a dog from the humane society but they refused to adopt it to me because i am a hunter, and i would like the dog to use for hunting. did the humane society violate any consumer discrimination laws? Btw they deny to ALL hunters

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii

Aloha! i just tried to adopt a dog from the humane society but they refused to adopt it to me because i am a hunter, and i would like the dog to use for hunting. did the humane society violate any consumer discrimination laws? Btw they deny to ALL hunters
Sorry, no. Surely there must be another place to adopt a dog from, no?

justalayman

Since the humane society does not deal with pedigreed dogs, or at least represents them as such, there are likely many places you could acquire a mutt to do your bidding and likely for much less cost than the humane society charges.

I see in your other thread you were employed by the humane society. Is this the beginning of a series of threads about your problems with the humane society? If so, you might want to consider consolidating all of your concerns involving the humane society issue in one thread.

swalsh411

There should be a law that says tax-exempt organizations cannot deny services to people who participate in any legal activity.

Proseguru

Well the humane society is just being crazy liberal here .. like people hunt the animals that they handle .. unless they started to take care of deer.

Why not refuse to give any animals to Chinese or Koreans who have a history of eating dogs and cats?

And if you are a hunter and they don't want your money then go somewhere else and spend your money there.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There should be a law that says tax-exempt organizations cannot deny services to people who participate in any legal activity.
I don't necessarily disagree with you. However, the fact remains that at present no such law exists; therefore, there was no illegality in refusing to provide the service in question to the OP.

justalayman

=Proseguru;2988095]
Why not refuse to give any animals to Chinese or Koreans who have a history of eating dogs and cats?
who says they don't but honestly, obtaining animals for food sources from the humane society is expensive. Do you realize how much they would have to charge for dog chop suey or sweet and sour cat if they got their meat from the humane society?

FlyingRon

Getting back to the point, regardless of the viewpoints on hunters (which I feel if done responsibly isn't an issue in general) are not protected classes. You can be fired for it.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
They deny to ALL hunters? Or all hunters that want to use the dog to hunt? Because hunting dogs are normally kennelled outdoors. And the humane society normally wants dogs adopted to be "members of the family".

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Doesn 't matter - still not a protected characteristic; still not illegal discrimination.

FlyingRon

Nor is him being fired from the same humane society, you should really keep everything in one thread. Nobody likes having half the story dumped on them.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
They deny to ALL hunters? Or all hunters that want to use the dog to hunt? Because hunting dogs are normally kennelled outdoors. And the humane society normally wants dogs adopted to be "members of the family".
The breed rescue I've had involvement (which is for a hunting breed) won't adopt a dog out to a hunter. For exactly the reason OG posted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">