• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disabled Access

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

etrenuruk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello...
I used to own a restaurant, and sold it to the current owner 5 years ago. Yesterday the current owner received a lawsuit paper filed by a disable person. This disable person is filing a lawsuit against the current owner and the landlord because the restaurant has no appropriate access for disable people. My question: is there any chance that I will be drawn into this lawsuit? I don't think there is anything to do with me anymore. Please let me know. Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

GaAtty

GaAtty

You can not be one of the people sued based on what you have described. The statute of limitations has passed. However, it may be possible, but unlikely, that you can be called as a witness, but that is always a possibility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">