• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disabled Person With Pet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Angelsweetie

Washington State-

My father is physically disabled and has a pet. He is not capable of taking the dog for walks, so he puts him on a leash outside. Unfortunately, he lives in a trailer court. Today, he received a warning about his dog being too loud. The landlord says that he will evict him if he doesn't keep the dog inside. The dog is supposed to not be heard even outside the trailer, but the walls are so thin. Does anyone know what the law is regarding this?

Thank you
:confused:

xylene

Washington State-

My father is physically disabled and has a pet. He is not capable of taking the dog for walks, so he puts him on a leash outside. Unfortunately, he lives in a trailer court. Today, he received a warning about his dog being too loud. The landlord says that he will evict him if he doesn't keep the dog inside. The dog is supposed to not be heard even outside the trailer, but the walls are so thin. Does anyone know what the law is regarding this?

Thank you
:confused:
The law allows the court owner to have rules and regulations. That includes noise and the control of animals.

Unless the dog is certified assistance dog for his disability, it is likely the Landlord can enforce this rule.

I am sure your father loves his dog.

I am sure the dog loves your father.

I strongly suspect your fathers dog is noisy and rambuncious like most dogs that do not get enough excerise. In truth it takes a pretty athletic person to give anything bigger than a small dog the cardio stimulation it need to stay physically and mentally healthy.

Your father faces tough choices.

Move to where the dog can have room to run a bit and / or its barks will be tolerated.

or

Get rid of the dog and stay put

and he will need to:

Accept the fact that his disability makes caring for a pet, and perhaps dog ownership is something he may have to give up as circumstances progress.

I wish you the best and I hope you and your father can find an good solution in an imperfect world.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">