• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lboogee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
I was in an auto parts store yesterday retrieving a part that was paid for online. I proceeded to the counter for assistance by a white male employee. He looked up my name and the computer said waiting on customer. I replied "ok I'm here to pick it up. Behind me was a white female talking on her cell phone while holding a couple things in her hand. He ignored me and called out to her several times. She never responded then he proceed to leave from behind the counter and tap her and tell her to come up he would help her. Never once did he say anything to me afterwards or get my parts that was already paid for. She replied to him" i thought you were helping him. He said no thats ok. So i moved over and let another employee helped me. The employee asked for assistance and the white employee wouldnt help. so he called the manager up front and she went inside the system and saw the items were right on the shelf behind her. I asked her why couldnt the white employee do that at first and he came over and said first it wasnt in there then he said it said waiting on customer. he walked back over and finished with the female and whispered something to her and she looked over at me and snickered. There was another black male behind her and as he approach to get assistance the white employee jumped on the phone and wouldnt help him. the male walked out the store very upset and said i'll just go somewhere else. Is this discrimination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">