• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this discrimination or harassment? what can i do about it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaimer3

i live in California. i live in a town house gated community and they have "no parking" signs all around the complex and very little guest parking spaces. the treasurer of the H.O.A. told me in person that is was ok to park next to the no parking spaces "because i came home late from working security." the very next day their was a note on my car saying, why cant u follow the rules, something to that effect. then i see the treasurer who told me i can park their and i ask her who wrote this she said she did. and she went off on me. now here's the thing i am not the only person parking on in the no parking zone. i asked why aren't they getting notes and she told me to mind my own business. then i got a $50 fine. but everyday their are at least 5-10 cars parked in the no parking zone every day.i asked her one day why he can park in a no parking zone and she replied with "oh its ok because he's a nice guy". is this harassment? Discrimination?

CdwJava

Why don't you attend one of the HOA meetings and bring up the unequal enforcement of the parking rules?

Until you can get some clarification or a change in the rules, you might have to reconsider your parking arrangements to avoid running afoul of the rules again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">