• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discrimination/stalking/slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gabriel11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Nevada
Hi, my name is Gabriel. I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia two years ago, although I don't agree with the diagnosis. My stepmother, Angel, constantly uses my diagnosis to harass me and threatens to have me put away in the psych ward when I have not shown any signs of mental illness. Is there a way I can be protected from these accusations/threats?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Nevada
Hi, my name is Gabriel. I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia two years ago, although I don't agree with the diagnosis. My stepmother, Angel, constantly uses my diagnosis to harass me and threatens to have me put away in the psych ward when I have not shown any signs of mental illness. Is there a way I can be protected from these accusations/threats?
Gabriel, are you a minor or an adult?

If you are an adult, staying away from your stepmother could be the best way to protect yourself from her harassment.

Nothing you have said in your post indicates you have been discriminated against or stalked or slandered.

Last edited:

Gabriel11

I am an adult. Even if this doesn't count as discrimination, she is threatening to have me put away on false pretenses. She has used my father to manipulate her way into my life and tries to hold things over my head. I've tried multiple times to see her off, but she uses my connection with my follower to pop back up, like weeds that won't stop growing.

quincy

... I've tried multiple times to see her off, but she uses my connection with my follower to pop back up, like weeds that won't stop growing.
This sentence of yours is unclear. By "follower" did you mean to write "father?"

You said you have been "diagnosed" with schizophrenia. If this was an actual medical diagnosis and not just a term applied to you by your stepmother, you could seek advice from a mental health clinic in your area on how best to handle your stepmother, this instead of seeking help from an attorney (who I am not sure could be of much service to you, at least at this point).

Here are links to Nevada's Mental Health Services (where you could potentially find direction):
https://uwayreno.communityos.org/zf/profile/service/id/284763
https://uwayreno.communityos.org/zf/profile/service/id/3425

Here is a link to Nevada's Bar Association (where you could potentially find a lawyer willing to review your complaints for free):
http://www.nvbar.org/find-a-lawyer

Good luck, Gabriel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">