• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have any rights like a Doctor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alan glenn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas. I am trying to get licensed here as a tattooist. They tell me I have to go to a school first and learn how. I've been a tattoo artist for 37 years andd am licensed in Mo. Does a Doctor have to go back to school befor he can practice in Arkansas since he isn't from here? What is the difference and can I file a law siut against the state for discrimanation?

justalayman

a doctor has to pass the state exams prior to obtaining a license in any given state and if his education does not meet state standards, then yes, he would have to obtain the additional education. While not typically applicable if the person received their training within the US as the training is fairly standardized, there are situations where the person was educated outside of the US where that may come into play.

The laws on tattooing vary from state to state so I can see where it would be totally reasonable to require you to obtain some specific training for a specific state. I see your situation more comparable to a mechanic or real estate agent. While the person may have decades of experience in one state, if they did not have the specific training the new state required, they are not going to be able to obtain a license until they receive that education.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">