• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have any stand on fighting this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suitechic1979

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

A friend of mine has been in the state prison for a few years, and I have visited him numerous times. I am disabled and use the prison's wheel chair to get back to the visiting room. The last few months a guard has been treating me differently with the wheel chair situation. Since I have visited him, I enter the visiting room, give him the allowed hug, and he pushes the wheel chair to the seating area and would help me into the regular chairs since their wheel chairs are extremely uncomfortable. We would visit, and he would push me to get snacks and what not. The past few months he has been targeted for behaviors that he did not do, while other visitors rub and touch each other aggressively and nothing is said to them. Today was the last straw for me when he informs my friend that he is no longer allowed to help me with the wheel chair, that he is not even allowed to touch it or help me in anyway. I understand that there are rules, but inmates are allowed to hold hands while walking, how is him pushing the wheel chair any different and he is helping me. There is nothing sexual involved with him helping me. He asked the guard if he would get someone from the medical department to help me since he wasn't allowed and the guard refused that as well. I know that there is a lot of politics and messed up things that occur in prisons, but do I have any legal standing to do anything since I am disabled and I feel that I am getting discriminated against.

OHRoadwarrior

They were extending special treatment for which they are no longer doing. It is normal to segregate prisoners from visitors. They may feel you passed contraband. They are not refusing visitation, nor wheel chair access. No law requires they give you a more comfortable seat.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">