• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have legal rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cml0505

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

Moved into my boyfriends house a few months ago and he kicked me out with no other place to live. We have no written agreement, but I did pay him rent this month. He has been calling/texting non stop harassing me, etc. (He was the one that cheated) I got rid of all my furniture when I moved in and now I am basically homeless, with nothing. He sent me pictures of some of my things in the front yard... Do I have any rights? Is it worth pursuing legal action?
Thank you all for your help

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

Moved into my boyfriends house a few months ago and he kicked me out with no other place to live. We have no written agreement, but I did pay him rent this month. He has been calling/texting non stop harassing me, etc. (He was the one that cheated) I got rid of all my furniture when I moved in and now I am basically homeless, with nothing. He sent me pictures of some of my things in the front yard... Do I have any rights? Is it worth pursuing legal action?
Thank you all for your help
Honestly? You have the right to go and get your stuff, but that's about it.

He might be guilty of illegal eviction but even if that was the case it's not going to help you right now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">