• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have legal rights to my moneys worth?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Peter007

Hello, I have a question regarding my rights to be at an establishment which I paid for before the actual closing hours. If I paid to get in and I was explicitly told that if I left, I am allowed to go back, then is it my legal right to stand my ground if I was told otherwise later on? There was no sign visible anywhere stating that if I left the premises, I would not be allowed back in 30 minutes prior to the stated closing time. When I asked the officer or security, why I could not go back in after being told that I would be allowed to, they simply told me, "Have a good night." They refused to answer my question and gave me no indication, as I was walking out, that I would not be allowed back in. I asked them for a sign which stated that I could not come back and they ignored my question. Is there no law stating that we are entitled to our moneys worth, or at least the right to get it back if the establishment fails to give me what I paid for? I was recently answered that I could be barred for no reason and I'm owed no explanation. How is that not considered stealing? Shouldn't consumers deserve at least the right to know that they could be barred out for absolutely no reason before the pay for something which they will not receive? Isn't there at least a law requiring a sign stating things like that at the very least? Logically this makes absolutely no sense to me. Any answer about what options I have would be greatly appreciated. :confused::mad:

CdwJava

What state? What kind of establishment?

No, you do not have a right to return into or remain inside a private venue. If you feel you were deprived in some way, you can make a claim to the property owner/manager and take the matter to small claims court for a refund.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">