• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

someone222

In New York State, I had a false arrest, 2007 Jan..

This occured as I stepped onto the curb for a second, while a group of, as stated by the court, unruly guys who were near by, and as I later found out, had been asked to leave.

As soon as I stepped to the curb about 20 feet from this group, a police officer came over and actually I was the first to be asked to go with them to a waiting wagon.

Later, in court I found out I was being accused of being in that group, and I was accused of being someone who shouted "'f*** you... you can't arrest me".

This very strange incident, my lawyer at the time, said just let it go.

I should have protested more, because this totally false account of events targetted me who had just came and stepped to the curb and was about to move across the street.

This is only one in a series of horrible police encounters with the Binghamton Police Department, who time and again have shown to actually go out of their way to have encounters with me.

I am a law abiding citizen, with work and life experience that does not merit abuse from police officers, who's task should be aimed at fighting crime and protecting the citizens.

That is something I have proof that the police in Binghamton do not do, meaning address crime, take reports for felony trespassing, and investigated ongoing crime aimed at a single person, of which they seem to participate in.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Just because you're not guilty doesn't make it false arrest.
All it takes is a probable cause. Being in a crowd with a bunch of trespassers almost certainly will meet the reaosonable test.
Were you acquitted?

ecmst12

Not sure if this is a duplicate or a separate incident from OP's other threads, but I still don't believe him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">