• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting my firearms rights back - Indiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jason89ftw

Due to a felony CHARGE that I acquired I lost my ability to buy firearms since the maximum penalty for a Class D is more than a year in detention. That felony charge was turned into a withheld judgement and later dropped to a Misd once I finished my probation and other court ordered requirements. I am trying to figure out how to go about getting my gun rights restored with a pardon or if trying to get it expunged would be a better choice. I have been told to file for expungement of my record since it was dropped and the Class A Misd would not be a high enough charge to revoke my rights. Any advice?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section by the way...

Thanks for your time - Jason

Last edited:

xylene

You should hire a lawyer for takes gun rights cases.

Gun rights law is not a DIY project any more than Gunsmithing is.

swalsh411

Let me rephrase. To what question on the 4473 could you not answer "no"? (except question 1 where you answer yes)

slwslw

It's just a misdemeanor

If it was reduced to a misdemeanor, IT's A MISDEMEANOR, not a felony.

Unless you're on probation, you should be able to buy a gun.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">