• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gun Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TonyF

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky.

I was wondering if I can get my gun rights back in the state of Kentucky after a domestic violence. It's been about 8 years since the conviction.

I'm not really looking to get my CCDW, just a rifle to hunt!
I was wondering what all steps I need to do to start the process. I've tried talking to lawyers but, none seem to know this topic to well.

Any help would be a great help!

I heard about petitioning the courts, asking for pardons, ect; The question still remains, how do I start that process and how do I get the forms??

Thank you in advance for the help!

xylene

Owning to the nature of your conviction, you cannot legally own a firearm.

There is no pardon form.

You need to find a lawyer who specializes in this.

This will cost you a substantial amount of money.

Hot Topic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky.

I was wondering if I can get my gun rights back in the state of Kentucky after a domestic violence. It's been about 8 years since the conviction.

I'm not really looking to get my CCDW, just a rifle to hunt!
I was wondering what all steps I need to do to start the process. I've tried talking to lawyers but, none seem to know this topic to well.

Any help would be a great help!

I heard about petitioning the courts, asking for pardons, ect; The question still remains, how do I start that process and how do I get the forms??

Thank you in advance for the help!

You don't need a gun. And I find it hard to believe you've pined for eight years for one.

Dillon

Owning to the nature of your conviction, you cannot legally own a firearm.

There is no pardon form.

You need to find a lawyer who specializes in this.

This will cost you a substantial amount of money.

Yeah, it would be cheaper to hire a body guard..

Now that everyone has told you you are a horrible person.... you may be able to get your gun rights restored. Go seek out a lawyer for such a petition to be filed with the court.

xylene

Now that everyone has told you you are a horrible person.... you may be able to get your gun rights restored. Go seek out a lawyer for such a petition to be filed with the court.
Why am I a horrible person for stating the legal facts?

You merely parroted my answer, incorrectly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">