• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment at county hospital

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kim1234

Buffalo, NY
I recently received a transplant from my local county hospital. I have to use the same unit for transplant recipients every time I go, about every 3 months. I see a different doctor every time. Long story short I told the secretary I no longer wanted to see a doctor, but did not tell her it was because this doctor takes the longest. This doctor takes 3 hours just to see you and I pay for parking by the hour soooo. Well that set off the harassment. Every person on this unit is now rude, disrespectful, and down right nasty. They gave me this doctor twice right after I made an appointment with another doctor. She sneered at me and went over and over how I'm fat and need to lose weight. The last time I got her I told her I requested not to see her and this is the last time she will be rude to me. She had an assistant with her and they both left. The assistant comes back to the room laughing and leaves so I go in the hallway and there is the doctor talking about me to every doctor, financial aid, nurse and patient on the unit that day. About 10 people. I walk out everyone stands up and says " oh hi Kim." at the same time! Patients are also looking at me funny! So since then I have been given false paper work to get me out of programs I am in and I have problems receiving my anti rejection medications. Like right now I no longer have a medication I ordered 2 weeks ago. I'm on my last pill today! There is more stories I could go on and on about the harassment from several doctors and nurses. I complained to the patient advocate and the administration but I am still harassed. What are my options?

Last edited:

quincy

Buffalo, NY

They gave me this doctor twice right after I made an appointment with a mother doctor...
A "mother doctor?"

Kim1234 said:
I complained to the patient advocate and the administration but I am still harassed. What are my options?
A complaint to the patient advocate and the administration was smart. I would follow up with them.

Good luck.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Buffalo, NY
I recently received a transplant from my local county hospital. I have to use the same unit for transplant recipients every time I go, about every 3 months. I see a different doctor every time. Long story short I told the secretary I no longer wanted to see a doctor, but did not tell her it was because this doctor takes the longest. This doctor takes 3 hours just to see you and I pay for parking by the hour soooo. Well that set off the harassment. Every person on this unit is now rude, disrespectful, and down right nasty. They gave me this doctor twice right after I made an appointment with another doctor. She sneered at me and went over and over how I'm fat and need to lose weight. The last time I got her I told her I requested not to see her and this is the last time she will be rude to me. She had an assistant with her and they both left. The assistant comes back to the room laughing and leaves so I go in the hallway and there is the doctor talking about me to every doctor, financial aid, nurse and patient on the unit that day. About 10 people. I walk out everyone stands up and says " oh hi Kim." at the same time! Patients are also looking at me funny! So since then I have been given false paper work to get me out of programs I am in and I have problems receiving my anti rejection medications. Like right now I no longer have a medication I ordered 2 weeks ago. I'm on my last pill today! There is more stories I could go on and on about the harassment from several doctors and nurses. I complained to the patient advocate and the administration but I am still harassed. What are my options?
Hi Kim. Can you explain a bit more about the problems with your medications? Are you having trouble paying for them? Or someone isn't refilling your prescription?

Kim1234

Hi Kim. Can you explain a bit more about the problems with your medications? Are you having trouble paying for them? Or someone isn't refilling your prescription?
They aren't filling them on time. When I first got my transplant they made sure I got them and would call if they thought anything was wrong. Now, no one calls and I'm currently going with out them for a day. Which is a long time for a transplant patient. One miss and I could lose my transplant. They don't really seem to care. I talked to the administrator yesterday and she said she would make sure I got them but nothing happen! My pharmacy is telling me they keep waiting for the doctor to reply to refill my prescriptions.

Last edited:

Kim1234

They aren't filling them on time. When I first got my transplant they made sure I got them and would call if they thought anything was wrong. Now, no one calls and I'm currently going with out them for a day. Which is a long time for a transplant patient. One miss and I could lose my transplant. They don't really seem to care. I talked to the administrator yesterday and she said she would make sure I got them but nothing happen! My pharmacy is telling me they keep waiting for the doctor to reply to refill my prescriptions.
This is day 2 and no doctor has filled out the paperwork for me to get my medication. Do I have a legal case here? This is going too far.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">