• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

me60you64

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

wHEN MY SON WAS IN THE 7TH GRADE HE WAS HARRASSED SO MUCH BY ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICIALS AT HIS SCHOOL THAT HE HAS NOW BEEN DIAGNOISED WITH A SCHOOL PHOBIA. HE WAS WRONGLY SUSPENDED FROM SCHOOL, THREATENED AND PHYSICALLY ASSUALTED.

DO I HAVE ANY GROUNDS TO FILE A LAW SUIT AGAINST THE SCHOOL?

OHRoadwarrior

Please stop shouting. Based on what you have posted, no. If you would like to break down the issues, we will try to give you some advice. School Phobia is something kids have naturally.

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

wHEN MY SON WAS IN THE 7TH GRADE HE WAS HARRASSED SO MUCH BY ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICIALS AT HIS SCHOOL THAT HE HAS NOW BEEN DIAGNOISED WITH A SCHOOL PHOBIA. HE WAS WRONGLY SUSPENDED FROM SCHOOL, THREATENED AND PHYSICALLY ASSUALTED.

DO I HAVE ANY GROUNDS TO FILE A LAW SUIT AGAINST THE SCHOOL?
whats your proof? (please turn off your cap lock.)

I suggest a lawyer. go talk to some, if no one is interested in your case and proof, then you are on the losing side of a costly court battle.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You said this happened when your son was in 7th grade. In what grade is he now?

csi7

When you stop shouting, give some details about how long ago your son was in the seventh grade, and what exactly the school officials wanted your son to do in school, someone will be able to help you.

When our son was suspended for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, he explained his story to his parents together and separately.
When the school resource officer investigated, it was discovered that our son was in class during the time mentioned on the complaint.
The administration kept insisting they were correct in their suspension actions, however, when the next incident happened, the real culprit was caught on video camera. The administration was so surprised to see it was one of their own children.

Staying calm in these types of situations can often protect your son much better than shouting.

Hot Topic

I suspect the OP is "shouting" because she's under the impression that her problem is more important than anything else on the board. She's wrong.

I also suspect that when the facts come out, her child will be found to be the bully.

LdiJ

I suspect the OP is "shouting" because she's under the impression that her problem is more important than anything else on the board. She's wrong.

I also suspect that when the facts come out, her child will be found to be the bully.
Maybe, but I have honestly seen many many cases where children were suspended when they were the ones being bullied. Schools tend to suspend every participant in a fight, even if one of them is not fighting back...or is doing nothing more than trying to block punches.

When I taught middle school for a semester I witnessed one boy try to break up a fight and he got hit...and he got suspended too. Three other teachers witnessed the same thing I did but the administration refused to back down, despite what we told them.

I really wish that I could say that the bully was the one who got punished, but unfortunately, it doesn't work that way in most school systems.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">