• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hidden camera in college-own apartment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cybervictim246

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I am a victim of internet stalking and hidden camera invasion.

I am studying in a public university in California, and I live in an university-owned housing. Several university employed workers have accessed to my apartment and decided to plant hidden camera in my bathroom and bedroom and post the video online.

I found out about the invasions when the videos are being accessed by my coworkers and classmates and they secretly circulate the videos behind my back.

I try to talk to the legal services in my school, but none of them really know about the relevant regulations. Can I sue my school for my loss? even though the crime are commit by the workers. can I hold the video-sharing websites responsible?

Roo

You should have called the police. Is the camera still there?
I would call the police anyway. Give them the urls to the posted videos.

I believe you would be able to sue the school and the workers. As an employer, the school is responsible for their employees actions.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I am a victim of internet stalking and hidden camera invasion.

I am studying in a public university in California, and I live in an university-owned housing. Several university employed workers have accessed to my apartment and decided to plant hidden camera in my bathroom and bedroom and post the video online.

I found out about the invasions when the videos are being accessed by my coworkers and classmates and they secretly circulate the videos behind my back.

I try to talk to the legal services in my school, but none of them really know about the relevant regulations. Can I sue my school for my loss? even though the crime are commit by the workers. can I hold the video-sharing websites responsible?
**A: what loss? What are your actual damages?

xylene

Your post has the feel of a paranoid delusion, with a persecution complex.

Let me guess, no camera found. You have no evidence?

Consider speaking with a psychiatrist.

CdwJava

Your post has the feel of a paranoid delusion, with a persecution complex.

Let me guess, no camera found. You have no evidence?

Consider speaking with a psychiatrist.
He posted on another forum and never came back to answer the questions such as ... "Have you seen the videos?" ...

So, I suspect he is a tad paranoid. I can't imagine a number of people would find this guy so interesting they would engage in serious felonies just to watch him loll around the dorm room.

- Carl

Roo

I thought the OP was female, a bad assumption on my part. At any rate, OP is likely long gone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">