• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hippa violation and how to file

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

briannamc

What is the name of your state? FL

My employer's disability company has been in direct contact even discussing and send them my medical information. I filed an OCR complaint. Is Hippa different? How can I totally nail all individuals involved. I have irrefutable proof of the illegal disclosures including documents, etc. And, when can I sue for Invasion of Privacy?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
However, this may or may not be a HIPAA violation; there is not enough information to say.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not to disagree with Katy but just for clarification's sake, HIPAA is a law, not an agency. You cannot contact HIPAA; you contact the OCR about HIPAA.

I'd have to check whether or not disability plans are subject to HIPAA. Not even all health plans are; it depends on how the plan is funded and by whom.

Even if disability plans are subject to HIPAA, depending on the funding of the plan, the employer might be entitled to the information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">