• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hirsch

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Another Pest

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut

Question:

My wife and I bought a house from a City of Greenwich Police Detective. After moving in we discovered several swastikas and references to Hitler among the previous owner's personal effects. The detective is not a German citizen and has no connection to the German military whatsoever. My question is should we report him to the Justice Department, AntiDefamation League, as well as the German Consulate for suspicion over hate crimes. He has a german sounding surname and could travel to Germany at some point in the future.

He also had a large gun rack in the garage which was unlocked to the general public. Please advise thanks. This officer was irresponsible and now lives with his mother in law in Greenwich.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut

Question:

My wife and I bought a house from a City of Greenwich Police Detective. After moving in we discovered several swastikas and references to Hitler among the previous owner's personal effects. The detective is not a German citizen and has no connection to the German military whatsoever. My question is should we report him to the Justice Department, AntiDefamation League, as well as the German Consulate for suspicion over hate crimes. He has a german sounding surname and could travel to Germany at some point in the future.

He also had a large gun rack in the garage which was unlocked to the general public. Please advise thanks. This officer was irresponsible and now lives with his mother in law in Greenwich.
You should inform the Police Detective that he left some items behind in the house after the sale and ask him if he wishes to pick them up or if you should dispose of them.

I see no reason to report this detective to anyone.

Be careful about what you say - you do not want to be sued for defamation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">