• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Housing authority house full of mold

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zacktadtim

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

Hello, thank you for any help you may give. I live in a housing authority owned home, single family. Me and my three sons, have lived here 9 years. For 9 years we have battled mold. Black mold, gray mold, green mold. The Lasalle county housing authority ignores this persistent problem. Once, the mold grew over night, halfway up the hall.
It is known, about this problem. They refuse to fix it, as it would entail tearing the pitch off the roof, and replacing drywall. What are my legal options? I cant move, cant afford any other rent. Please, this is making us sick.
Who shall I call to come in and inspect, does the housing have to be present? And shall I call HUD> I fear retaliation. The mold gives us headaches and breathing problems. I bleach it, it grows back. Please help! How can I force them to fix this, who can I call to make them fix it, and what are my legal rights?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">