• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I keep a person by law off my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

exactprecisions

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

I am having issues with someone that was a long child-hood friend. He is now making what seems to be threats but nothing to specific. I have already sent an email to him through him companies address that he is not welcome on my property or to contact me any longer. If he does I wanted to know really when is that considered harrassment? Also how would I go about letting law enforcement know that he is no longer welcome to contact me or come onto my property. Any help would be very appreciated, Thank you.

GaAtty

GaAtty

The most logical thing to do is not respond. In other words, just ignore it. Most people get tired of continuing to try with no response. You do not say how this threat is being done to you, whether by mail, telephone, email, or whatever. If it does not stop or gets worse, then you start making a record of what is happening and when, and then you go and contact your local police department and make a complaint for stalking. It is probably not a good idea to contact him through his company's email. If that results in harm to him at his job, then that could result in some repercussions against you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If you are truly being threatened, you can attempt to get a restraining order.

exactprecisions

Thank you all for your input. I truly appreciate it and I am going to take the advice I was given here. I did however make the mistake and already sent an email through his current job though.

I hope I don't suffer any consequences because of this. All I said was that he was no longer welcome to call me, text me, email me, or allowed on my property any longer.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thank you all for your input. I truly appreciate it and I am going to take the advice I was given here. I did however make the mistake and already sent an email through his current job though.

I hope I don't suffer any consequences because of this. All I said was that he was no longer welcome to call me, text me, email me, or allowed on my property any longer.
I wouldn't worry about that. There is no problem with you sending it to him at work. He, apparently, gave you his work email address as a contact point, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">