• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I don't even know what to do.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JamesWilson008

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

In August, 2011, I was in a car dealership looking to purchase a new car. The sales person I was working with was amazing, but when he went to run my credit another sales person said, "Hey, Mike! Your customer's a ******!" I heard him clear across the room. Yes, I am a gay guy, but I think this was totally inappropriate. A lot of people have been telling me to sue. I'm not sure if this is a case I would be able to win. I went back and talked to the sales manager and he apologized profusely and told me that they would not be able to fire him for this. I am not satisfied with this outcome and would like some advice.

LillianX

I am sorry this happened to you. In this day and age, I really cannot comprehend why anyone thinks this is appropriate behavior.

You certainly CAN sue, but you dont have much of a case. You arent likely to win.

You should be proud to be gay .. don't you go to the yearly parade in chicago?

You have no case here ... what the guy said is true; so what cause of action do you think you have??

LillianX

You should be proud to be gay .. don't you go to the yearly parade in chicago?

You have no case here ... what the guy said is true; so what cause of action do you think you have??
Do you understand that ****** is a derogatory term for gay, similar to how ****** is a derogatory term for black? What is wrong with you?

justalayman

Do you understand that ****** is a derogatory term for gay, similar to how ****** is a derogatory term for black? What is wrong with you?
sorry but I see no problem with it either. People are allowed to be offensive. I call it our first amendment right of the freedom of speech. Doesn't mean I agree with them but I sure as Hell support their right to the freedoms listed in our Constitution. If OP was offended, he has the right to shop elsewhere. You know, the old, vote with your wallet thing?

on top of that, if you will research the etymology of the term "gay" in referring to homosexuals, you will realize that gay is actually a derogatory term from its inception.

We all have freedom of speech .. seems as if you do not approve of it...

And this is the midwest -- a conservative region. While politicians might say its OK to be gay; Illinois has a large catholic population & it it still considered ***** to be *****.

I doubt that this is not the first time the OP has heard this term.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">