• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have been harassed by authorities for years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pcwong

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I've been harassed by cops for years. They will stalk me everywhere I go. I've tried to seek from multiple lawyers, however, they all have conflict of interest. What are my legal options here? Please help. BTW, I've never broken any law and never been charged or convicted.

quincy

I've been harassed by cops for years. They will stalk me everywhere I go. I've tried to seek from multiple lawyers, however, they all have conflict of interest. What are my legal options here? Please help. BTW, I've never broken any law and never been charged or convicted.
Why have you been harassed by cops for years and why have they stalked you?

Why would multiple lawyers have a conflict of interest and, therefore, be unable to assist you?

Please provide some facts, please. :)

CdwJava

What do you mean that the police are stalking you? Is it that you speed and get stopped? Or, are you saying you believe they have secret operatives following you for some reason?

If the latter, let me tell you that this is simply not true. Even John Gotti did not have such attention. Local law enforcement simply does not have the money, time, or resources to expend on following someone who is not a major crime figure. Heck, aside from the few very large police departments that exist in CA, they lack the resources even to follow major figures. Are you engaged in some sort of serious and ongoing criminal enterprise? If not, then it is not the police who are following you.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What did your psychiatrist say when you approached him/her with your concerns? :cool:

pcwong

Why have you been harassed by cops for years and why have they stalked you?

Why would multiple lawyers have a conflict of interest and, therefore, be unable to assist you?

Please provide some facts, please. :)
I haven't broken any law and I haven't seem the police report yet so I don't have much the detail neither. But I intend to find out what is the true cause behind this. Since I am about to sue some cops, when the lawyers found out, they refused to help me. I would appreciate any advice on filing complains.

sandyclaus

I haven't broken any law and I haven't seem the police report yet so I don't have much the detail neither. But I intend to find out what is the true cause behind this. Since I am about to sue some cops, when the lawyers found out, they refused to help me. I would appreciate any advice on filing complains.
Whereas you seem to believe that these lawyers won't help you due to a perceived conflict of interest, I happen to think that it's because they believe it to be a waste of their time.

You also seem to be avoiding the obvious question that has been asked of you: What do you think is the reason behind this alleged stalking and harassment? Police have better things to do than follow and surveil innocent citizens who have done nothing to deserve it. They certainly aren't going to waste several years on such efforts unless there is a valid ongoing criminal investigation. Seriously - there are plenty of criminals out there that they are spending their time following - so many that they simply do not have the time or manpower to waste on you if you aren't involved in any kind of criminal activity.

I suggest that you get some professional help with your personal issues with paranoia. Or invest your money in several cases of tin foil instead.

pcwong

I would like to know how to file a complain against the police probably. Is there anyone else would like to help? Thanks.

tranquility

I would like to know how to file a complain against the police probably. Is there anyone else would like to help? Thanks.
You go to the police station and file a complaint.

What the others are trying to say, is that your complaint will not be take seriously. Nothing in what you say seems reasonable or problematical without more. That you do not answer questions that would provide information differing from what you want to do is instructive. Good luck. I think you have issues. If they involve the police or not remains to be seen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">