• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interception disclosure or use of wire,electronic or oral communications

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I tape recorded 13-14 conversations with county employees including my public defender and receptionist. The tape recorder was in plain sight. During the last conversation with a receptionist at a public office i pulled out the tape recorder and she started yelling "stop recording me" and called the sheriffs deputies and i was arrested. I was charged with interception of oral communications. Those charges were dropped 14 months later.

The deputy stated in court there were 13-14 conversations on the tape. it also states on the affidavit of probable cause "after reviewing the tape" "it was discovered he was recording numerous court house emplyees". which means he listened to the tape. Shouldn't he have had to get an order of authorization to intercept those conversations first before listening to them? And if so can i sue the state for their interception of MY electronic communications?

Also the law states that you can sue for $100 a day and no less than $1000 for everyday of use per offence. the charges were there for 14 months, does that mean i can sue for $100 a day for the 14 months of their use of the tape?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">