• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this just worng?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/04/michelle-kosilek-transgender-murder-convict-surgery-approved_n_1855192.html

I am a fairly Liberal person. But I find this to be just...wrong. To make the children, sisters, father, mother, brothers, friends and neighbors of this wo/mans victim PAY for her/his sex change is just ...GROSS.IMHO.

tranquility

If one accepts that "gender identity disorder" is a serious medical problem, I don't see the issue. Unless we decide as a society we shouldn't give prisoners appropriate treatment for serious medical problems.

(Remember, I said "if".)

Just Blue

If one accepts that "gender identity disorder" is a serious medical problem, I don't see the issue. Unless we decide as a society we shouldn't give prisoners appropriate treatment for serious medical problems.

(Remember, I said "if".)
I had a co-worker with a son who has many neurological disorder that required medication. He was not allowed to have the med's in prison. But the POC is allowed to have a sex change at tax payers expense. It just baffles the mind. :(

ecmst12

I would say it depends on what the risk is to the prisoner if they do NOT get the surgery. Suicide attempts or self-mutilation could be serious risks.

OHRoadwarrior

I had a co-worker with a son who has many neurological disorder that required medication. He was not allowed to have the med's in prison. But the POC is allowed to have a sex change at tax payers expense. It just baffles the mind. :(
Now we need to build a new prison for shemales.:confused::cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">