• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Media Still Banned from Taking Photos of Dead Soldiers Returning Home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tim987

I know media can cover the funerals and returning home of dead soldiers now as stated here:

http://www.mail.com/Article.aspx?articlepath=APNews\financialnewsigtech\20090406\Pentagon-War-Dead.xml&cat=money&subcat=financialnewsigtech&pageid=1

But the article still says, the media need permission of the dead soldier's family.
But what about once the dead soldier's body leaves the military base and goes to his/her family home? can the media stand outside the dead soldier's family home and take photos of him/her without the family's permission?

Also, anyone know the name of the old law that banned media coverage of dead soldiers returning home and what's the name of the new law?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

I know media can cover the funerals and returning home of dead soldiers now as stated here:

Free Email Account, 3GB Storage, Spam and Virus Protection at Mail.com

But the article still says, the media need permission of the dead soldier's family.
But what about once the dead soldier's body leaves the military base and goes to his/her family home? can the media stand outside the dead soldier's family home and take photos of him/her without the family's permission?

Also, anyone know the name of the old law that banned media coverage of dead soldiers returning home and what's the name of the new law?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

**A: yes, I know the name of the old law. What class is this homework for anyway?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">