• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Middle School harrassment and racial profiling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LWright32

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi.
My daughter is mixed; (black & white). She is horribly bullied at school by her peers and staff.
One of her teachers purposely changed her grades at will becuase of her race. She makes comments like; "What color are you?" "You know black women don't like your kind." You think you're so pretty don't you?" "My children are mixed too and my daughter acts like you." She does not have mixed children.
I have copies of the grades she gives my daughter in "study hall" and she changes them if she is mad at her. She constantly yells at her and other children. She has been noted to throw things down the aisle of the classroom, grab hold to children's desk and shake the desk in a rage, ranting "NOOOOO." My daughter recently asked for a DVD case, full of movies back since school was ending for the year soon. The teacher alluded that the DVD case was stollen. Right after that, the teacher went to the priciples office and made claim to a FB posting my daughter posted that stated: "Can you believe that trick kicked me out of choir?"
The school suspended my daughter for 3 days stating the posting was an act of violence or threats against a student or staff. Really??? She is intentionally trying to prove that my daughter is a troublemaker.
I have reported my concerns to the school way before the recent suspension and nothing has been done. Please advise of where I need to go from here. Can I sue the school for the DVD's that are missing? How can I proceed with legal action against this teacher? My daughter has been showing signs of suicide and depression because all of this. This to me is what happened to the child who committed the crimes at Collumbine High School. Why to teachers and administrators let these type of things get out of hand at schools? Yes, there is a bullying/harrassment policy in place at the school but nothing is ever done. Please help me!!!!:(

Silverplum

My daughter is mixed; (black & white). She is horribly bullied at school by her peers and staff.
One of her teachers purposely changed her grades at will becuase of her race. She makes comments like; "What color are you?" "You know black women don't like your kind." You think you're so pretty don't you?" "My children are mixed too and my daughter acts like you." She does not have mixed children.
I have copies of the grades she gives my daughter in "study hall" and she changes them if she is mad at her. She constantly yells at her and other children. She has been noted to throw things down the aisle of the classroom, grab hold to children's desk and shake the desk in a rage, ranting "NOOOOO." My daughter recently asked for a DVD case, full of movies back since school was ending for the year soon. The teacher alluded that the DVD case was stollen. Right after that, the teacher went to the priciples office and made claim to a FB posting my daughter posted that stated: "Can you believe that trick kicked me out of choir?"
The school suspended my daughter for 3 days stating the posting was an act of violence or threats against a student or staff. Really??? She is intentionally trying to prove that my daughter is a troublemaker.
I have reported my concerns to the school way before the recent suspension and nothing has been done. Please advise of where I need to go from here. Can I sue the school for the DVD's that are missing? How can I proceed with legal action against this teacher? My daughter has been showing signs of suicide and depression because all of this. This to me is what happened to the child who committed the crimes at Collumbine High School. Why to teachers and administrators let these type of things get out of hand at schools? Yes, there is a bullying/harrassment policy in place at the school but nothing is ever done. Please help me!!!!:(
Your daughter wrote that her teacher was a "TRICK"??? :eek: I'd call that a troublemaker, also.

And it's COLUMBINE High School. If you're going to hang your piteous little hat on Columbine, at least spell it properly. :rolleyes:

Hot Topic

What's your proof that one of the teachers changed your daughter's grades at school because of your daughter's race?

What's your proof that the teacher commented that black women don't like your child's "kind?" How do you know the teacher doesn't have mixed race children?

What's your proof of the teacher's behavior in class, e.g., throwing things down the aisle or grabbing and shaking a desk?

I doubt that you're so dumb that you didn't realize what your daughter called the teacher.

What happened at Columbine had nothing to do with the kind of behavior you claim your daughter was subjected to. And frankly, I doubt that most of it even happened. I think your daughter is a troublemaker, and that your attention should be focused on her instead of the school.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">