• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are my Civil Rights being violated?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sherbear3

I live in Ohio. I live in a project based housing program called Permanent Supportive Housing or PSH. They are supposed to provide permanent housing with case management. I'm supposed to have a case manager to help with any obstacles to maintaining my permanent placement. They're supposed to provide safe, secure housing. They're supposed to help me and my family get to important appointments for housing, health and mental health and provide mediation and advocacy between myself and my landlord if the need should arise. The program is supposed to help us. Myself and 2 of my 3 children have major disabilities. We have lived in our apartment for 11 months. I have asked and begged for assistance but have gotten none. I have no idea what to do. My children and I have been allowed to be neglected by the housing program that's supposed to help us, and we have been allowed to be harassed and assaulted by our neighbors in the other half of the duplex we rent even after several police reports and reports to the housing agency. These neighbors have taken our mail several times and are also using my address for the Safelink government phone...I reported it several times. They sell and use heroin, marijuana, prescription medications and lord only knows what else...I've also reported this several times as myself and my children have actually seen these drug deals going on. It happens on our shared front porch, in our shared front yard and in our backyard. My 6 year old son has brought me hypodermic needles 3 times now from our own (shared) backyard. My children are cussed at by the man and his son. My children have been physically attacked by their child on several occasions and I've reported them all the the housing. They light paper on fire and throw it on my back deck...I've reported it and supplied pictures of the burned stuff. The man has spit in my face and was charged with disorderly conduct...currently awaiting the pretrial. The kid cusses at me without his parents stopping or yelling at him...they just laugh.the man says mean things to my kids when they enter or exit our apartment. They say things to us like..."shut the F up B nobody wants to hear you" when Istep outside to tell my kids its time to come in and "get out of my driveway you Fing B" and "keep keep your kids out of my driveway you fing Wh!re" and his son has said "F her Iwanna put my balls in her face and when Igo outback to hang our laundry to dry he says fat b!tch over and over until Igo back in" they have harassed my company by stopping them and asking if they had or if they couldget drugs....Idont do drugs!!!! Has been caught getting out of a visiting friends are and money was later found missing form her car...$60! I've reported EVERYTHING that's been done to us. After the final police report where the guy spit in my face Iwas told by 2 police officers, while at the station, that there was nothing they could do about any of the harassment except keep writing reports and citing him if he gets physical. That it was up to my housing program to deal with the situation and that they advised for the housing program to relocate me. So Itexted my contact at my housing agency and she said she'd pass the info to management. Shortly after Igot letter from my landlord/housing manager saying she wanted to talk about neighbor complaints and lease violations. I called her and she told me I was the one being evicted. I was very confused. I thought it was about all my reports. But she said Iwas being evicted for having unauthorized tenants (which I have already proven as wrong) and for noise complaints (which Iknew nothing about until the moment she said Iwas being evicted for it). I feel like we are being ignored by everyone supposed to help us and now our housing is in jeorpardy

sherbear3

Who have you reported this to? Have you contacted HUD?
I have reported it to my local housing office PMHA, they pay my subsidy and give me a utility reimbursement. My landlord is Family &Community Services and I've tried to report it to them on several occasions...but to no avail. I have written SEVERAL emails to different agencies I've found while Googling Permanent Supportive Housing. I have contacted HUD. The first person that called me back said I'd called the wrong number and directed me to the correct person who called me back yesterday but didn't seem to know anything about my housing program...like she'd never heard of it before. She said she'd do research and ask around and call me back sometime next week.

sherbear3

I have reported it to my local housing office PMHA, they pay my subsidy and give me a utility reimbursement. My landlord is Family &Community Services and I've tried to report it to them on several occasions...but to no avail. I have written SEVERAL emails to different agencies I've found while Googling Permanent Supportive Housing. I have contacted HUD. The first person that called me back said I'd called the wrong number and directed me to the correct person who called me back yesterday but didn't seem to know anything about my housing program...like she'd never heard of it before. She said she'd do research and ask around and call me back sometime next week.
My landlord/the property manager of F&CS is also the woman in charge of my housing program. She sent PMHA a letter saying she was evicting me and why. PMHA then sent me a letter saying they were terminating my housing contract based on what the landlord said. I asked for an appeal hearing and was granted it. Yesterday was my hearing for PMHA. They accepted my proof and said they would not be terminating my contract and would let my landlord know. Last night I got a call from my case manager thru my psychiatrists office saying that PMHA had called and told her that they had talked to my landlord and that she was still going to go for the eviction and would be filing in court next week. N PMHA said they have no control over my housing program. That they just supply the subsidy and maintenance to the units.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">