• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Civil Rights/parolee Living With Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mr. B

What is the name of your state? California.
I am just wondering what my rights are? The Parole officer can come into my home and look around because I am Involved with a Parolee. What can they do when they are in my house? Do I give up any of my Civil Rights, just because of my involvment with the Parolee? I have been trying to find the information for awhile now with no luck. Is there someplace I can look? Also is there a place where I can look up Parolee's rights? Thankyou for your time.

BelizeBreeze

You have as many rights as the parolee does, which is NONE. If you want your home to be safe from inspection, then kick him to the curb. Because, until you do, any place he has access to so does the Parole officer, without a warrant.

M

Mr. B

How is it that I gave up my rights? I'm not the one on Parole. I never signed my rights away. Can you tell me where I can read about it? Thanx.

BelizeBreeze

As I told you, any place the parolee has access to is open to his parole officer. If you don't want him affecting your rights and/or life, then don't let him have access to your home.

Simple concept.

CdwJava

Mr. B said:
How is it that I gave up my rights? I'm not the one on Parole. I never signed my rights away. Can you tell me where I can read about it? Thanx.
Allowing him toi live with you is also tacit consent that you agree to the conditions you will be living under ... as was suggested - don't like it, give him the boot.

But he doesn't GAIN rights by hiding behind someone else's skirts. The parole officer has a right to search any place that his parolee has access to. So unless you can show that a part of the house is NOT accessable to him, then everywhere is subject to search.

And the law on this is case law and not statute. I can cite the case law to you if you wish, but suffice it to say that it is the law in CA and in every other state I know of.

Don't like it? Boot him out.

- Carl

rmet4nzkx

CdwJava said:
Allowing him toi live with you is also tacit consent that you agree to the conditions you will be living under ... as was suggested - don't like it, give him the boot.

But he doesn't GAIN rights by hiding behind someone else's skirts. The parole officer has a right to search any place that his parolee has access to. So unless you can show that a part of the house is NOT accessable to him, then everywhere is subject to search.

And the law on this is case law and not statute. I can cite the case law to you if you wish, but suffice it to say that it is the law in CA and in every other state I know of.

Don't like it? Boot him out.

- Carl
Steel toed boots help protect your toes!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">