• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My clinic lets everyone use their public bathroom, but not me, since I am homeless!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ThePotatoFish

I attend a methadone clinic, which I pay for with Medi-Cal. I am disabled, on S.S.D.I. & S.S.I.; and in addition to being gay, I also have had no choice financially but to live in my car with my partner for the last 2.5 years. Recently, when I went in to my methadone clinic to dose, they physically blocked me from using the patient bathroom, and told me that I needed to go somewhere else to use a restroom, simply because the toilet backed up on me ONE TIME, after normal use. They disallowed me to use the restroom on the following Monday, and have continued to do so ever since then with both facilities; (there are two bathrooms; one for employees and DISABLED PERSONS, which I am also not allowed to use, and the other general use bathroom). Anyway, without any sort of proof, they went even further by going so far as to accuse me of allegedly intentionally clogging their toilets on any and all previous occasions when it has happened, even at times when I never even used it at all! As of this day I am the only patient that has ever been singled out like this. They have also used derrogatory language in reference to me, as I overheard one male staff member calling me a "dirty ****ty *****" and "Der ****ten bum", laughing afterwards with a female administrator at my expense. I'm pretty sure that my rights have been violated, as well as the Title 9 federal standards regarding methadone clinics. But I cannot afford to hire an attorney upfront. Any advice/referrals/help will be appreciated in the utmost.

Last edited by a moderator:

RRevak

They don't have to let you use their restroom and there is no law that says they have to be nice to you. Just get your meds and go use a restroom elsewhere.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I attend a methadone clinic, which I pay for with Medi-Cal. I am disabled, on S.S.D.I. & S.S.I.; and in addition to being gay, I also have had no choice financially but to live in my car with my partner for the last 2.5 years. Recently, when I went in to my methadone clinic to dose, they physically blocked me from using the patient bathroom, and told me that I needed to go somewhere else to use a restroom, simply because the toilet backed up on me ONE TIME, after normal use. They disallowed me to use the restroom on the following Monday, and have continued to do so ever since then with both facilities; (there are two bathrooms; one for employees and DISABLED PERSONS, which I am also not allowed to use, and the other general use bathroom). Anyway, without any sort of proof, they went even further by going so far as to accuse me of allegedly intentionally clogging their toilets on any and all previous occasions when it has happened, even at times when I never even used it at all! As of this day I am the only patient that has ever been singled out like this. They have also used derrogatory language in reference to me, as I overheard one male staff member calling me a "dirty ****ty *****" and "Der ****ten bum", laughing afterwards with a female administrator at my expense. I'm pretty sure that my rights have been violated, as well as the Title 9 federal standards regarding methadone clinics. But I cannot afford to hire an attorney upfront. Any advice/referrals/help will be appreciated in the utmost.
This forum is not a referral site, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If it's because you clogged the toilet (or even if it's because they wrongly believe you clogged the toilet, deliberately or not) then it's not because you are homeless.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">