• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My name on a yellow sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

k1rms

What is the name of your state MA

A resident here in town has put my full name on a big yellow sign that is located on a heavily traveled road because I volunteer as a cameraman for the local cable access station and he does not like how I operate the video camera.

So my question is this: can he legally put my name on sign for everyone to read on a heavily traveled public road?

james

cyjeff

I agree... with a couple of caveats....

One... some communities do not allow any signs posted on a public pole or post.

Two.. is everything he is saying true or his truthful opinion?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If we go by what the poster has said, the only thing on the sign is his name.

If there is more than the name on the sign, perhaps the poster would like to say so and perhaps identify what it says.

But is there a law against putting the poster's name on a big yellow sign on a heavily trafficked road (which is exactly what he's saying)? No, there most certainly is not such a law.

justalayman

I suppose the OP also has a problem with his name being posted in a publicly distributed list of names. I'm not sure how he can opt out of the phone book and sources like the Haines Criss Cross directory but I see no difference; his name is exposed to the public.

maybe OP should go and post his own little sign along with the name on the yellow sign. He might add something like:

is the best videographer in town

is available for dates with beautiful women. call XXX-XXXX

likes yellow signs

or something witty (which I am not overly adept at creating)

OHRoadwarrior

How did he get permission to place the sign where it is? If he does not own that property, politely request the owner remove it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">