• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My neighbor is video taping everything i do is this legal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

l3gacy

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Every since my neighbor has complained about us making noise they have been videotaping everything we do. We live in a development where there are other houses around. (The only people that complain about us are the neighbors across the street) To tell you the honest to god truth we dont make noise and i think they are using this as an excuse to video tape our house and every move we make. Why i have no idea. Now what im trying to figure out is it legal? Are they aloud to sit there at night and record my husband coming home from work and my daughter's boyfriend leaving the house and every move we make. If there is anything i can or should try to do to stop this please let me know. Every bit of information helps. Thank you

CdwJava

You can check with the police to see if PA has any kind of statute against this, but as long as the taping is done from a place where the tapers have a lawful right to be - like from their property - then you are probably out of luck.

As an alternative, have fun with it! Make up signs with funny sayings and unfurl them as you leave for work, wave, smile, or simply ignore them.

Chances are you are going to have to live with it, or, see if you can get a restraining order or an injunction ... which, from what I understand in PA is not that easy. Especially not for a case like this.

Good luck.

- Carl

You Are Guilty

l3gacy said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Every since my neighbor has complained about us making noise they have been videotaping everything we do. We live in a development where there are other houses around. (The only people that complain about us are the neighbors across the street) To tell you the honest to god truth we dont make noise and i think they are using this as an excuse to video tape our house and every move we make. Why i have no idea. Now what im trying to figure out is it legal? Are they aloud to sit there at night and record my husband coming home from work and my daughter's boyfriend leaving the house and every move we make. If there is anything i can or should try to do to stop this please let me know. Every bit of information helps. Thank you
Well, since it's very common for complete strangers to waste their time taping people for no reason whatsoever, I am not going to go with my original advice of "stop making so much noise" here. Instead, I think your best bet will be to only walk around nekkid so that at least you have a shot to win some money when the neighbors submit the video to America's Funniest Redneck Videos. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">