• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbors threatening/harassing children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cheezehead

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

Hello- I'm not sure where this should be posted, we're hoping someone here has some advice for us. We have two neighbors (they are related) who are drunk more often than not. We never 'hit it off' to say the least, but the problems have escalated now. We have never reacted to their behavior, it seems they now think they can do anything and we fear for the safety of our children. All of us really, but especially the kids.

They are now threatening our kids, ages 1 - 11. One of them had to attend a meeting at our elementary school to be told she is not to scare or harass our 7 yr old anymore. (She was doing it at school). Her sister-in-law offered another drunk $10 to run him over with his little electric scooter. Tonight one of them threatened the 9 yr old then told him she could have "the men" out of her house in a second to "pin him down to the ground" if he didn't stop walking past their house. (he goes to a friend's house to play, and has nothing to do with them or their property) One of the women appear to be paranoid schizophrenic in addition to drunk, and is famous for getting into bar fights. So with no apparent regard for the law I'm not sure how effective a restraining order would be.
We didn't do anything to these people, our kids aren't allowed near them. One of them stood on the sidewalk screaming at me about her taxes supporting us (they don't, unlike her we work) and various other confused drunk rantings. They are just abusive drunks who seem to change victims now and then, and unfortunetly it appears to be our turn. We are telling the kids to stay in our yard at least for now, but that isn't fair to them. We did finally call the police tonight, they said they will talk to them eventually but not tonight, since they've been drinking all day. The two families also have 4 children between them, ages 2- 14, who get to grow up around all this strange drunk anger.

Any advice will be appreciated!

Cheezehead

You either have responded to the wrong post by mistake or you have mistaken me for someone you apparently have reason to dislike.

If anyone has any advice for me concerning my children (and other children in the neighborhood) being harassed and threatened by a couple of other neighbors, we would appreciate it very much. Today one of the women in question scared the 5 yr old across the street to death, for jumping rope. The woman had her niece sitting on the sidewalk holding her baby - at the end of a driveway and 2 feet behind a car parked in that driveway - and got hysterical about the danger of jumping rope, screaming various threats until the girl ran home crying. I already asked this question in another area, maybe this isn't the section my answer will be found in either? If not, can you tell me a better place to ask please? Keeping in mind there are about 28 houses on our street, all of us have problems with these 2 families so you'll be helping a lot of people. When they aren't attacking one of us, they are going after each other. Sad, and not just a little strange.

Now I'm going to search for the name mentioned in CLT's post, she must have made such a "good" impression she's still being "seen" even when she's not in sight?

Just Blue

You either have responded to the wrong post by mistake or you have mistaken me for someone you apparently have reason to dislike.

If anyone has any advice for me concerning my children (and other children in the neighborhood) being harassed and threatened by a couple of other neighbors, we would appreciate it very much. Today one of the women in question scared the 5 yr old across the street to death, for jumping rope. The woman had her niece sitting on the sidewalk holding her baby - at the end of a driveway and 2 feet behind a car parked in that driveway - and got hysterical about the danger of jumping rope, screaming various threats until the girl ran home crying. I already asked this question in another area, maybe this isn't the section my answer will be found in either? If not, can you tell me a better place to ask please? Keeping in mind there are about 28 houses on our street, all of us have problems with these 2 families so you'll be helping a lot of people. When they aren't attacking one of us, they are going after each other. Sad, and not just a little strange.

Now I'm going to search for the name mentioned in CLT's post, she must have made such a "good" impression she's still being "seen" even when she's not in sight?
CLT747 was addressing another post that has since been removed from your thread. CLT's post was NOT directed at you but was intended for an idiot posting under the user name "tnr1983". CLT was trying to warn you and other members that "tnr1983" is a troll posting idiotic information.

Sorry for the little hijack of your thread.:)

Fl_renter

Generate a lot of paperwork with the police, everytime they threaten or harrass, call the police. You may also be able to get an order of protection but it depends on the actions of your neighbors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">