• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

North carolina lgbt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC -- see the title?

North Carolina just passed one of the worst discriminatory laws in the nation. It was introduced into committee YESTERDAY and within 12 hours was signed into law by the governor of that fine state. The law prohibits any city/municipality/township in the state from having protections for LGBT.

Trans individuals are mandated to use the restroom of the gender listed on their birth certificate.

Ignorance and bigotry have won in NC for this instance. However, companies have started protesting as soon as they heard about the bill. The democrats in the state house apparently walked out as they did not have enough votes to stop it. So the GOP was alone in this vote.

Grand old party? Grand old discrimination. Why was this needed except as an instance of religious law.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC -- see the title?

North Carolina just passed one of the worst discriminatory laws in the nation. It was introduced into committee YESTERDAY and within 12 hours was signed into law by the governor of that fine state. The law prohibits any city/municipality/township in the state from having protections for LGBT.

Trans individuals are mandated to use the restroom of the gender listed on their birth certificate.

Ignorance and bigotry have won in NC for this instance. However, companies have started protesting as soon as they heard about the bill. The democrats in the state house apparently walked out as they did not have enough votes to stop it. So the GOP was alone in this vote.

Grand old party? Grand old discrimination. Why was this needed except as an instance of religious law.
Disgusting! This pisses me off too no end! One would think in 2016 that people would get over the fear, and yes it IS fear, of Homosexuals.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I want to know who is going to check the birth certificates of those using public restrooms. If you look male will you be assaulted if your gender is female on your birth certificate and now have to use a female restroom due to the law? Who the heck is checking people's genitals in the bathroom? And why shouldn't people have protections? Good grief. Sick of the bigotry. The fact that NC introduced this into committee and got it debated, signed and put on the governor's desk within 12 hours is ridiculous. Reports say the democrats walked out because they couldn't overcome the GOP. So that means the GOP is the discriminatory party. Sharia law in America apparently.

Just Blue

I want to know who is going to check the birth certificates of those using public restrooms. If you look male will you be assaulted if your gender is female on your birth certificate and now have to use a female restroom due to the law? Who the heck is checking people's genitals in the bathroom? And why shouldn't people have protections? Good grief. Sick of the bigotry. The fact that NC introduced this into committee and got it debated, signed and put on the governor's desk within 12 hours is ridiculous. Reports say the democrats walked out because they couldn't overcome the GOP. So that means the GOP is the discriminatory party. Sharia law in America apparently.
Urgh...What the heck does N.C. care if people pee standing or sitting?

Back in the day...I would use the men's restroom while clubbing (shorter lines)...Who the heck cares/ed? :confused:

tranquility

I spent a bit of time writing on the issue in may ways. Justifying myself, realistic examples and basic logic. I have killed it. I think such post will cause more heat than light, so decline.

To ohiogal, I disagree. Not in whole, but in part. Please refrain from political argument...unless you seek political argument.

Just Blue

I spent a bit of time writing on the issue in may ways. Justifying myself, realistic examples and basic logic. I have killed it. I think such post will cause more heat than light, so decline.

To ohiogal, I disagree. Not in whole, but in part. Please refrain from political argument...unless you seek political argument.
I would love to know that "basic logic". You are into the Civil Liberties and Constitutional RIGHTS of ALL CITIAZENS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">