• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nosy neighbor videotaping in garage w/o knowing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xulandlord

What is the name of your state (Kentucky)?

So I have a neighbor who is trying to build a civil case against a tenant of mine and myself. They state that they have video of the tenant working in the garage. Be it known that this work in the garage is legal and this issue has been vetted by me with the city. However the neighbor's pursuit continues as they claim that the tenant is willfully harassing the neighbor with the work in the garage.

My question is: Is it illegal for someone to shoot video of a resident inside of their home (in the garage) without their knowing? My guess is that they were shooting it from across the street as I have not seen the footage.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (Kentucky)?

So I have a neighbor who is trying to build a civil case against a tenant of mine and myself. They state that they have video of the tenant working in the garage. Be it known that this work in the garage is legal and this issue has been vetted by me with the city. However the neighbor's pursuit continues as they claim that the tenant is willfully harassing the neighbor with the work in the garage.

My question is: Is it illegal for someone to shoot video of a resident inside of their home (in the garage) without their knowing? My guess is that they were shooting it from across the street as I have not seen the footage.

Thanks in advance!
If the video was shot from a public vantage point, then there's no point. Tell tenant to close the door.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">