• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not Sure where this questions belongs but need help ASAP.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jazmin1381

Can I have a police officer accompany me on a visit with a sick family member?? What are my rights considering the following; my aunt is very ill and our visits to her are met with resistance on the part of her ex boyfriend who now poses as her husband to make legal decisions conserning her medical care. He is physically abusive and threatening so she will not see us for fear of her safety. What are my options? I really need help concerning this matter because I love my aunt andwould like to visit her and take my kids to see her. I know that she misses her family and would like to see us but she is afraid of what would happen to her if she does. Her son is also on the ex boyfriends side but being that they have the same cold personalities for example in a heated argument he slammed my foot in the door so hard he almost broke it and then never spoke to me again after that ( i was protecting my nephew (his sisters son) because he was about to walk through the door ahead of me when he was slamming it.) He has no remorse for what he did and has an extremely bad temper borderline abusive. I need some advice on how to proceed with something like this.

ShyCat

THIS FORUM IS FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT U.S. LAW ONLY
When posting a question, you must include the name of your state!

Jazmin1381

Sorry

I.m sorry I live in New Jersey and I don't know much about any type of laws so I didn't know where that question was supposed to go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">