• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE HELP!!! Racial and employment discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cwilson1130

Further Details on discrimination legal help needed!!

PLEASE HELP!!! I am a single mother who no longer has any ncome due to the following reason(s). The situation began in 2014. It has to do with racial discrimination on behalf of several residents at a local apartment complex in which I worked for at the time. I contacted Fair housing & they began a investigation on behalf of these residents. I also assisted HUD with the ongoing investigation until I was fired in December 2014 due to the apt. Complex finding out about My contact with Fair housing. I am no longer able to receive unemployment compensation due to depleting my available funds.

commentator

Depending on your state and your situation in more detail, you might have a case for some sort of employment or racial discrimination. I'll let others deal with this if you provide us with more details. But what I can tell you is that I have seen many many people in your situation in regard to unemployment insurance. When you have drawn out all you can draw in a claim, which will always be less than 26 weeks out of 52 there is absolutely no further unemployment insurance for you until the whole 52 week benefit year has passed, regardless of your circumstances.

And even then, unless you have, at some time since that last claim was filed, have worked somewhere and had what are called "reearnings" you would not be able to draw a new claim when the benefit year has passes. So regardless of what you have going on in regard to your discrimination claims/case, whatever, you need another job. Pronto.

If you are having trouble finding another job, you need to contact and seek assistance from the department of human services or social services, in other words, the needs based programs in your area. Unemployment insurance is not based on your income, but these programs are. But if you need child care in order to work, or retraining or transportation, they will be able to guide you to services where you will be able to get more help with finding another job, which you will definitely have to do in the future.

If you do have a case it will be a very long time until you see any reparation or settlement of any kind. And in the meantime, there are no more unemployment benefits, and you will need to support yourself and your child/ren while you wait and see.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I think you also will find you have a statute of limitations problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">