• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police tell er personnel and homecare wound nurse i have a warrant and what it is for

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Summergirl10

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ARKANSAS
A home wound care nurse came to my home after the police arrived and told her I had a warrant and was going to jail and told her what the warrant was for. I had a warrant in another county and that they were going to take me, a quadrapalegic, to jail in the back seat of their car if I didn't have a way to be transported. I was put in my electric hoyer and placed in my parents vehicle to be transported. As I was being placed in the vehicle, I lost consciousness and my parents rushed my to the hospital for treatment. Upon my arrival at the er my parents told me I was placed on a gurney and taken back for assessment. My parents were told they could not come back immediately, but the officer went back with me and told the er staff that I had a warrant and what it was for. My mom heard the personnel at the front desk talking about me and what the warrant was for. The officer sat outside the er room waiting for me to be released. I was diagnosed with a panic attack, a UTI and severe constipation. My BP was 147/97 which is high especially for a quadrapalegic. I was given medicine a prescription for the UTI and a bottle of laxative and was released. In the meantime, another officer showed up from the county where the warrant was issued and said he would put me in the back seat of his car and transport me to the jail. My parents called the other city and spoke with a detective and he asked for the officer's name and he called the officer and spoke with him. After that phone call from the detective, I was told that I wasn't going to be transported, but that they gave me a new court date and I was free to go home. My question is this: Can the police officer tell all the er staff and my home wound nurse that I have a warrant and what it was for?

Last edited:

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ARKANSAS
Ok... And your objection to that is what, exactly?

It is not illegal to notify the public, or hospitals, or other medical providers that you are wanted by police. In fact, if you have regular conditions for which you are being treated, it would be prudent to notify these medical providers so that they can contact the police when you are found in their presence.

Summergirl10

Warrant

Warrant was for not registering as an offender, but I did register and the paperwork got lost or messed up. I have been fighting the case for quite a while and I finally got Project Innocence involved to clear my name. The Prosecutor failed to give the judge DNA test results that showed it was not my DNA. It took me quite some time to get the file and the original attorney I had never gave me the DNA paperwork to prove my innocence. I had to have my parole officer request the paperwork on my behalf and that is when I received all of the paperwork to prove I am innocent. Project Innocence told me 95% of the people thrown in jail for the same offense are innocent.

Proserpina

Warrant was for not registering as an offender, but I did register and the paperwork got lost or messed up. I have been fighting the case for quite a while and I finally got Project Innocence involved to clear my name. The Prosecutor failed to give the judge DNA test results that showed it was not my DNA. It took me quite some time to get the file and the original attorney I had never gave me the DNA paperwork to prove my innocence. I had to have my parole officer request the paperwork on my behalf and that is when I received all of the paperwork to prove I am innocent. Project Innocence told me 95% of the people thrown in jail for the same offense are innocent.

95%, huh?

I find that hard to believe.

But that's beside the point. If there is a warrant, there is nothing illegal about telling hospital personnel about it.

Summergirl10

No i do not have a warrant

The detective I spoke with knew I had no warrant and that I was in compliance, but I still have to go before a Judge to explain everything, so I got a new court date. My live-in caregiver did not want to live with my parents and wanted her own place, I helped her out by putting utilities in my name to save her from paying a deposit, since she was from out of state and because of helping her, they said I lived there. I did stay there for a week and would go home for a week and continued going back and forth so both my parents and her could get a break from my care. I have to be cathed every 4 hrs. and turned every 2 hrs. and cannot feed myself or do any thing for myself....it is too hard on one person alone. The caregiver did live with me and my parents for the first few months that she came down here before she wanted her own place.

Proserpina

The detective I spoke with knew I had no warrant and that I was in compliance, but I still have to go before a Judge to explain everything, so I got a new court date. My live-in caregiver did not want to live with my parents and wanted her own place, I helped her out by putting utilities in my name to save her from paying a deposit, since she was from out of state and because of helping her, they said I lived there. I did stay there for a week and would go home for a week and continued going back and forth so both my parents and her could get a break from my care. I have to be cathed every 4 hrs. and turned every 2 hrs. and cannot feed myself or do any thing for myself....it is too hard on one person alone. The caregiver did live with me and my parents for the first few months that she came down here before she wanted her own place.

I do understand the needs of a quadriplegic patient - but until you have your day in court, there's nothing amiss going on (unfortunately).

Best wishes for your situation and your health.

Summergirl10

If you can't believe 95%**************....

of the people in jail for this kind of crime, I guess you haven't looked at the statistics and what project innocence has done for many people who were jailed wrongly. Today you are guilty and you have to prove yourself innocent and if you don't have a good attorney say goodbye to your family.

Proserpina

of the people in jail for this kind of crime, I guess you haven't looked at the statistics and what project innocence has done for many people who were jailed wrongly. Today you are guilty and you have to prove yourself innocent and if you don't have a good attorney say goodbye to your family.

Don't presume to know what I do, or don't, know.

I also know what scare-mongering and hyperbole are, too.

:cool:

sandyclaus

Did you know that 63% of all statistics are fabricated?

I wouldn't believe everything you hear.

CdwJava

And what "kind of crime" is that?

And, precisely what statistics are you looking at? We can spend a lot of time expounding on what the Innocence Project proves and doesn't prove and what it sometimes means to be "cleared" through them (and it doesn't always mean "innocent"), but as was previously stated, that is outside the question that was posed.

If there was a warrant or the police believed there was a warrant, then there is certainly nothing improper about telling people about it. If the officers KNEW there was no warrant and told a fib just to embarrass you or cause you harm in some way, then that can be actionable against the officers. However, I seriously doubt that they just decided to make such a tale up on the spot ... though, anything might be possible.

Summergirl10

THERE was no warrant**************

paperwork got messed up that's why I'm not in jail. Look, I almost died.....my heart rate was 172 bpm. BP 157/100 when my mom came in 15 min later my bp was down to 147/97 which is still high. Normal BP for a quad is 90/60.

Proserpina

paperwork got messed up that's why I'm not in jail. Look, I almost died.....my heart rate was 172 bpm. BP 157/100 when my mom came in 15 min later my bp was down to 147/97 which is still high. Normal BP for a quad is 90/60.

That doesn't change the legalities of the situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">