• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Professional Society question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

otter01

PA

After much back and forth and contacting the overseeing Board (ABMS). A professional society sent me an email saying I was elligible to apply for their board exam. Two months later I receive a call saying again that I cannot do this. I send additional copies of the supporting data he requires for the exam as well as the email that confirmed I could apply. He said he would get back to me after he talks to his boss.

I wasn't sure were to put this question, but if they do in fact rescind the application invitation is there any legal recourse?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If they do indeed rescind the invitation, what damages will you have suffered?

tranquility

While the exam fee should be refunded if it was their error, you are NEVER going to get paid for what you could have earned if you took the exam and passed.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I guess. If I don't have the board status I won't have a job. Not sure if that's a damage or not by legal definition.
Why do they feel you aren't eligible to take the exam?

(and, to be clear, if you don't meet the qualifications, then they don't have to let you take the exam.)

otter01

Why do they feel you aren't eligible to take the exam?

(and, to be clear, if you don't meet the qualifications, then they don't have to let you take the exam.)
I meet the qualifications. They give a date as the only reason I can't take the exam. My training was too "soon." However, my training occurred under unique circumstances that they have no policy for.

Hence, I took it to the overseeing board to argue my case. Next thing I know they say I can take it.

To me it just seems like beuracracy gone awry and no one can think outside "protocol."

otter01

Well, now they say they are back to letting me apply.

I wonder if they will "accept" my application.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">